Happy 3rd Birthday in Heaven, sweet little Alethia Joy. In my mind I still think of you as a baby - because that's all I ever knew you as - but it's amazing to think that you would be a big 3-year-old by now, preparing to welcome another little sibling in a few months.
As I see pictures of some of my friends' daughters who were born right around your birthday, I am reminded of how much time has passed.
In some ways it seems like it's been so long since I held you in my arms...so much has happened since then...and I miss you so much. Other days it seems like just yesterday that you were kicking in my womb.
A quote I had written in my journal from a book I read...
"In time, as you heal, you will begin to see the many ways you have been forever touched by your child's brief time with you."
I have seen the Lord's hand of healing in our lives over the past 3 years as He promised in Psalm 147:3-"God heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
The pain never goes away but the Lord's comfort is sure and near and He is slowly, little by little, healing our wounds. And through this we have certainly seen the ways that the brief life of Alethia Joy has touched our lives as well as the lives of others.
An excerpt from one of my journal entries, dated March 7, 2009:
"Lord, help me to trust in You more through this.
Help me accept our loss & help Tony and me to continue to draw closer together.
Let us day to day begin to see Your plan.
Help us trust [even] when we can't see through the tears.
Let us know You are here."
I can truly say that the Lord has ~ and continues to ~ answer our prayers.
"...for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6b)
(most recent picture taken at the cemetery during Christmas 2011)
Continually looking forward to the day when we will see our Savior and our loved ones face to face...
And as a sweet friend said to me today,
"Forever will be nice."
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment